6 New Trends in Cosmetic Dentistry
Improvements in technology have made cosmetic dentistry simpler and more affordable than ever before. More people are turning to dentists to improve their smiles and boost their self-confidence. New methods have emerged, and established procedures are now more accessible. Here are a few of the latest trends in cosmetic dentistry.
- Teeth whitening. This is one of the most common cosmetic dental procedures today. In less than two hours, a teeth whitening treatment can remove stains from your smile. Your dentist can also provide a teeth-whitening kit that you can take home with you.
- Orthodontics. We offer affordable braces for kids and adults. You are never too old for braces. Call us for a free no-obligation consult. We can give you a reason to smile with confidence!
- Dental implants. If you have one or more missing teeth, dental implants may be right for you. For many patients, they’re a preferred alternative to bridges and dentures for replacing teeth. Implants look completely natural, and they can prevent the weakening of the jawbone. This device is made of titanium and can last a lifetime with regular brushing, flossing and dental checkups.
- Bonding. If you have an unsightly tooth, bonding may be right for you. New methods and materials have made this procedure quicker and more affordable than ever. The treatment involves the use of resin to fill gaps, cover chips and hide discoloured teeth. Bonding is permanent and has the added benefit of protecting the tooth underneath from further damage.
- Veneers. These are popular for patients wanting to correct gaps in their teeth without braces, or who’ve had little success with teeth whitening procedures in the past. Porcelain veneers are thin overlays that are designed to cover the exterior of the tooth. They can last up to 15 years.
- Gum contouring. Dentists can now use lasers to reshape your gumline. Gum reshaping can give you a more natural look if you feel your gums rest too high or too low on your teeth. Gum contouring also reduces the risk of gum and tooth infections.
Cosmetic Dentistry in SE Calgary
At Forest Lawn Dental Centre, we provide a comprehensive selection of cosmetic dentistry procedures, including teeth whitening, orthodontic treatments, veneer applications and dental implant fittings. Our oral care professionals are available to help enhance your smile and improve your oral health. Contact our Calgary office today to book a consultation with Dr. Sandhu and his team.