Have You been Considering Porcelain Veneers, Calgary?
A growing number of people are choosing porcelain veneers to give themselves a boost of confidence. Chips, stains, or gaps between teeth don’t have to mean an end to your smile. Porcelain veneers can look very natural and help to remove flaws that hinder your smile.
So what exactly are they? Porcelain veneers resemble a thin shell that slides over the tooth. They are often used to brighten up teeth that often become discoloured by certain foods and drinks, such as tea, wine, and berries.
Veneers are also able to change the width, length, and shape of a tooth. So if your teeth have a gap in them, have been chipped, or are not that straight, veneers may be a good option to improve your smile.
How are veneers applied to teeth?
- Like many dental procedures, the dentist starts with a thorough examination of the mouth, in order to create a treatment plan.
- The dentist then numbs the mouth with a local anaesthetic in order to painlessly remove a very thin layer of enamel from the tooth.
- Next, your dentist will make a mould of the tooth and send it off to the dental lab where the veneer will be prepared.
- Once the dentist receives the custom-made veneer, he/she will make sure that it fits nicely over the tooth.
- When the dentist achieves the right fit, he/she etches the original tooth. This creates a rough surface that will allow the veneer to stick effectively to the tooth underneath.
- Cement is finally used to glue the veneer to the tooth. The colour of the cement will determine the colour of the veneer and will be prepared to match your natural teeth.
The best things about porcelain veneers…
- Porcelain veneers are less likely to become stained than other materials, like resin composite.
- Porcelain veneers also look more natural than other materials as they reflect light in the same way as your other teeth.
- Porcelain does not damage or irritate gums.
- Veneers make dark teeth look much brighter, giving you a brighter smile.
- Unlike crowns, veneers do not require the tooth to be filed as much.
Dental Veneers in Calgary
If your teeth are getting you down and you would like a boost of confidence, porcelain veneers may be a good solution. At Forest Lawn Dental Centre, our experienced dentists have been making patients in Calgary proud of their smile with porcelain veneers. If you would like to find out more about this innovative treatment, or if you would like to book an appointment with one of our dentists, please contact us.