How to Improve Your Smile With Dental Veneers
If your teeth are discoloured, chipped or otherwise damaged, you may be reluctant to show them to the world.
Fortunately, there are many options to restore your smile and your confidence, including porcelain veneers. Here’s everything you need to know about them.
What Are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are very thin sheets of porcelain that cover the front part of your tooth. They’re strong, look natural and each set is custom-made to perfectly match the shape and colour of your teeth.
What Can Veneers Be Used For?
Porcelain veneers can be used to hide a multitude of cosmetic dental issues, including the following:
• Stained teeth. Teeth can sometimes become discoloured from drinking coffee, tea, red wine or any other highly pigmented drinks. Veneers can restore their original colour without the need for whitening treatments that may make your teeth sensitive or need to be repeated many times. Additionally, the porcelain used to make your veneers are more resistant to stains than your enamel, so you don’t have to avoid your favourite drinks.
• Gap between the front teeth. Some people love the gap between their front teeth, but those that don’t may feel very self-conscious about it. If you have a slight gap that you’d like to hide, veneers can be made that are slightly wider than your teeth, filling in the empty space.
• Chipped or cracked teeth. If an accident or lifestyle choices have left you with chips and cracks in your teeth, veneers are the perfect option. They’ll improve the appearance of your teeth and make them more resistant to further damage. It’s important to note that in cases of severe damage, your cosmetic dentist may suggest another option.
• Crooked teeth. Teeth that are slightly crooked often pose no problems when eating or speaking, which is why they’re usually not corrected by orthodontics. If this is your case, but you’re uncomfortable with misaligned teeth, veneers can be used to make them appear straighter.
• Large gums. Do you see more gum than tooth when you smile? This may be because your teeth are too small. Veneers can add balance between your gums and teeth, making you more confident in your smile.
COSMETIC DENTISTRY IN CALGARY
If you’re tired of hiding your teeth, visit the experts at Forest Lawn Dental Centre to see if veneers are right for you. We also offer a variety of options for cosmetic dentistry procedures. Contact us today to schedule a consultation with our amazing team.